Friday, September 23, 2011

Pillowcase Outfits

I found two Martha Stewart pillow cases at the thrift store and couldn't resist.
Only 0.49 cents.
So I decided to use one pillowcase to make myself a pencil skirt
and the other to make my daughter a dress.



It took me a while to figure out the best way to make my pencil skirt. I tried putting it on a pinning it where I wanted to take it in but then the waist was too big. I found the easiest way for me was to lay it out with one of my other pencil skirts and pinning it to match. I used a regular zipper on the side, instead of an invisible (I am a little intimidated by the invisible zipper, but am going to attempt it this week. I'll let you know how it goes). It may look better with an invisible zipper, if you dare.


Here is a slightly better angle of my daughters dress. She hasn't quite gotten the hang of posing yet...and I am okay with that.
The tricky part for her dress were the sleeves. I had to take them out twice to size up. I didn't have a pattern so I just experimented until it worked. I may suggest using a pattern for the sleeves if you haven't done one before like me. It could save you a lot of time un-stitching.

3 comments:

  1. yay, i have rediscovered your blog! love the sewing projects taylor...doesn't hurt that you are gorgeous and have a perfect figure too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun idea! I would love to do this with you some time:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a one of a kind masterpiece Tay. I love your energizer bunny ingenuity. You go girl! Lei lei is a precious model. You're made for it too!

    ReplyDelete