Monday, September 5, 2011

Car Hair

Today I did my hair while driving.
Literally. I steered with my knee. (told you I am wonder woman)
Dangerous I know, and most likely against the law. I was a little worried about oncoming traffic seeing me, not that they would or could do anything about it. It just felt funny not to have my hands on the wheel.

It all started with a conversation I had with my brother last night about hair. He is under the impression that hair is super easy to maintain and style. pfffff! Whatever. Or maybe I am just dense and it really is easy, but I think that is less likely. My hair is getting long and I am losing my desire to style it everyday, which adds to the pffff of our styling convo. I would rather sleep or play with my daughter.

So while driving to Joann's to get a zipper for a dress I am making it hit me -
"I am never going to like my hair long if I never do anything with it."
That is when the knee driving came in. I had no idea what I wanted to do with it, so I just started braiding and this is what I got.



My braid was a little too perfect when I did it, so I gave it a good rub to give it a worn look.
I am happy to have discovered this braid and will most definitely do it again!

What is your knee driving hairstyle?

2 comments:

  1. I wish my hair were long enough to braid - maybe not while driving though. I talk on the phone while driving (not with me knees) which i tell myself is okay because i put it on speaker so i can keep both hands on the steering wheel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and your gorgeous hair. I love it. My favorite car style is combed and in any kind of control! I need more of your enthusiasm.

    ReplyDelete